Are you 18 years old or above?
This Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake is amazing, very soft with a lot of blueberries inside, lemon flavored, definitely one of the best cakes ever. The recipe is very easy to prepare, takes only few minutes until is ready for baking. You can use either frozen or fresh blueberries. Give it a try, you will love it too.
Makes about 12 servings
2 sticks (220g) butter
1 1/2 cup (300g) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 cups (375g) flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups (200g) frozen blueberries
1 tbsp flour, to add over the blueberries
Powdered sugar for dusting
1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Butter and dust with flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk the flour with baking powder and salt; set aside until ready to use.
3. In a large bowl, mix butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
4. Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk until everything is incorporated.
5. Only now, take the blueberries out of the freezer, Stir with 1 tbsp of flour. Keep about 1/4 cup of the blueberries for topping and add the rest over the batter.
6. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter, not too much as you don't want your batter to become blue. Only few folds will be enough.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and add the reserved 1/4 cup blueberries on top.
8. Bake for about 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and rest in the pan for about 15-20 minutes before inverting it onto a rack. Let cool at room temperature.
10. Before serving dust the blueberry bundt with powdered sugar or prepare the lemon icing by mixing the powdered sugar with lemon juice. Enjoy!
For the full recipe check my blog: